Friday, June 15, 2007

Shape the destiny of your Ward: Register as a voter today

Fellow Kileleshwa residents, I would like to appeal to all of you to join my campaign in transforming the management of our ward this year. The easiest and first step is to register as a voter at the following polling stations in the ward:

1. Kileleshwa Primary School;

2. St. Mary's School;

3. Salvation Army Children's Home (Musa Gitau Rd, off Waiyaki Way); and,

4. Westlands C.T.R (Rhapta Road)

5. Kenya High school - Off Gatundu Rd


The Electoral Commission of Kenya (ECK) started the last round of voter registration on Monday 11th June 2007. The above polling stations are already operational up to the 10th of July 2007. Please feel free to bring along your family and as many friends or acquaintances as you can.

Thanking you in advance, I look forward to your support this year! :-)

PS: On Wednesday 11th July 2007, the ECK extended voter registration up to 31st July 2007.

=====================================
If you’d like to contribute to this campaign as a volunteer or give material support, feel free to write to me at this email address: dmuhindi@gmail.com
=====================================

5 comments:

  1. Mr Councillor,
    I had not given the voter registration serious thought until I came across your campaign cards at my court on Rhapta road. I have to say that they are pretty impressive. After visiting your blog today, I'm totally convinced. I'll certainly be getting my vote soon just to ensure you get into the city council. Good luck with your campaigns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Jacky.
    Do make sure you get your vote and encourage your neighbours and friends to do the same. We really need to take seriously the management of this city. Let's do our bit as voters and interrogate our potential leaders exhaustively before electing them into office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to share a bit on a remarkable voter trend that I’ve observed in many areas of Kileleshwa ward as I conduct my door-to-door campaigns. While meeting voters from Waruku (an informal settlement area at the close of Musa Gitau road) on Sunday 17th June, I was pleasantly surprised to hear from many of them that this year, they were not going to be deluded by cheap hand-outs and bribes of 50 shillings from aspiring candidates.

    One particularly incensed shop-keeper told me this, "That is the culture that has brought us leaders who don't care about our needs. After all, once they get in they quickly misappropriate money meant for the ward to recover the money they used in bribing voters."

    The clear message resonating from the many people I met that Sunday and even over last weekend (23rd-24th June) was that, "Wakati huu, hatutaki pesa. Tunataka kuamua watu kwa vitendo na maneno yao." (This time round, we don't want money. We shall judge the candidates by their actions and words).

    This is obviously good news for candidates like me who hade made a firm decision not to “pour money” in these campaigns. What am selling are simple yet creative ideas that can dramatically change people’s lives at the grass roots.

    I believe voters have now become wise to the fact that 100 or 50 bob hand-outs will never transform their lives. They are now looking for leaders with big ideas and the integrity to manage council resources for the benefit of the voters, and not for their own pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No money means you get my vote my brother. I am with you all the way. Incidentally, the local authorities have been announcing some sort of budget thingy happening this month. Make sure you attend and keep the information rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose,
    thank you for visiting and for the support. Keep checking the blog for more information on my campaign and kindly inform your neighbours about it.

    ReplyDelete